gray

Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall for us all!

Hello lovely blog readers,

          This will be a very short post here before I get started with my day at the office.  Wednesday was the offical start to fall! And even with me being here in this summer type weather, where the grass is always green and flowers always blooming I am thinking of the beauty of fall.
          Just the idea that the old has gone so the new can come! I love how in our own lives that process can hurt and look messy and ugly. BUT look how beautiful it is displayed all around us in fall! When God starts new things how LOVELY! So today will be poem day for us. Below is a poem I wrote maybe a year ago or so. It is talking about the idea of trees and the changes they go through and how it can be similar with us. This poem is a litte more about a winter tree, but we need to go through fall to get there :) Have a BLESSED day!


I Will Use My Imagination

I will use my imagination today, in a joyous way.
I will be a tree today and maybe learn to stay that way.
What is it?
Light dancing on white. My hands cling to it and it holds me.
I did not meet my death, but rather a deep breath
But my decoration and protection did fall; I let it float down on the ground.
 (no longer will they look at my scarlet and gold, no longer will they look at me)
So I stand bare for now. But I carry a promise that wholesome protection will fall from on high.
 Soon that light will catch every eye.

My branches have a pulse, I feel.
It gets cold. It gets dark in time. There use to be light. It stays dark.
But then even with little light, or none, down falls the promised white, from all sides.
Covering every bare part of the tree that is me.

This deep, bare bark now sheltered.
Me, stripped and unseen.
It is to be found on me; love sits there, on the tree that is me.

~ The Lord and Erika
LOVE LOVE from Costa Rica!!! I am thankful that the JOY of the Lord is for us every single day no matter the type of day we are having! BY HIM FOR HIM! Lets live that out today!

1 comment: