gray

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

About time for a post! lets remember how we can TRUST the LORD!

Another Hola from Costa Rica!

I have just finished a morning of language school. For lunch I had a small hamburger, not the same as in the US but reminded me of it a little and some pina juice for lunch! I have speaking plenty of Spanish here and find it hard to speak English normally. My mind is jumbled with both! As time passes I am sure it will get better.

So these past weeks we have not been going into the EMI office. We did get to have a great dinner where we shared our testimonies with the EMI staff.  Part of the program here is having a staff mentor so this was a way for them to get to know us better. The staff families are such a blessing here!

So I need to fill you in on some activity that has gone on here. My first weekend I went on a walk with my family into the jungle to a waterfall! Yes that is right! Here are some pictures from that great saturday! That ended in swimming in the rain and being very dirty and wet... daily rain we should have remembered!!! :)

Meet my sisters Jessica, from the states, Wendol, de Costa Rica. And my brother, Augusto, de Costa Rica! 
And the WATERFUL


It was truly a tropical expirence! Walking through it all! What a beautiful thing to run into at the end of our hike! I think we may go back again with the whole family and other interns next time!

Time for the WORD
So what I wanted to share last time! Here we go. Let’s look into the word that is sharper then a double edge sword! That is the word of the LORD for us! So my first week here daily at the office we had a devo. We took a look at Romans 12. At the end of chapter 11 we get thoughts of how great our God is!


Vs. 36: “For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.”

Due to these 1-11 chapters and these thoughts of how amazing our Lord is flows chapter 12. We talked about what do we all do now?! We worship be being living sacrifices. Verse after verse of this chapter unravels and builds on how we live this worship out. We talked about it being like an onion that layers get pulled back and uncover more and more of the meaning.

Take time to look over this. This chapter calls us up high! It calls us to change, to not be in the “pattern” of the world around us. Then we get a look at gifts that our given to us. Ways we can worship!

Gift- charisma in Greek, Chris meaning- grace or undeserved, Ma meaning- result of something. What a beautiful meaning of a gift the result of grace! The chapter then explains about sincere love! This reminds me of any gift without love is useless. We are called to bless! The verse that stands out the most to me in this section is vs.12

“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”


I leave this post with that verse! May the Lord help each of us with these 3 things! Much love to you!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment