gray

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Poem Post, Enjoy

Inside a Tree

Inside a tree, our paths cross

There the pavement ends, there the dirt road stops, there the desert begins.

Dig, Dig a hole as big as the sky, still the sand never ends.

Would you like to reach the end, find the other side of the world? Or are you digging for me, I require no labor, I am free.

I stand there and watch you breaking your back; my voice is right in your ear, but still hard for you to hear, because you dig.

You try to hear, the sand is loud, each grain blocking your view.

I sweep the hair from in front of your face, and capture your tears and cover them in grace.

Among the flying sand you cry, you beg for me.

I cry back at you, I too, beg for you.

We both fight the sand

Let me fight the sand for you!

Then, with the drop of your shovel,

My voice gets through.

The moment stays still, all the grains melt away

Inside a tree.

By:
Jesus and Erika



No comments:

Post a Comment