gray

Friday, February 24, 2012

Hallbeck Happenings

Hello beautiful bloggy readers,

Welcome to Friday night! I'm at home relaxing, putting on Pandora oldies mix and working on my new crafty craze of embroidery :)  When I was little my grandma would teach my sister and I how to do different embroidery stitches and we would work on little projects at her house like dish towels.  It is a great memory and I have been looking for a mindless but fun activity I can do when Dans way.  I ran across a really fun blog via Pinterest last week, perfect timing! It is called  Wild Olive.  So I was inspired and have now started getting back to my childhood roots :)   I will show you my two projects I have done and my first attempt to remember stitches.  So look back for that next!

Ok so the Hallbeck Happenings up date:


I found the rug I have been looking for! it is as big as I wanted, it is the weight I wanted and had a great price tag at Marshals! I was too pumped when I found it, just ask the hubby.

perfect colors for our kitchen

keeps our feet warm as we wash all our dishes by hand and wait for coffee to be made :)

The NC Hallbecks own a dresser! What a big step. And many hours of putting it together, but thank you Target for having something a little less bulky so it would do the job and fit in our room :)

James 1: 16 &17 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Don't be deceived tonight.  If there is a good gift, you know where it comes from!  Don't give that credit to chance or circumstance or any other thing. But give thanks to the Father of the heavenly lights! My favorite part of these verses, "Who does not change like shifting shadows"  THANK YOU JESUS.  He is going to be the same no mater what comes or what goes.  No matter what kind of day I have. He is not a shifting shadow by my ever present Father. 
Make a little list of good gifts.

My little list today:
my grandma and her teaching me little things that i still remember
my fun childhood memories
new crafts embroidery
text messages from Dan <3 

From my living room to yours,
Erika Hallbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment