gray

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The time in Patchakan village

 Hello Lovely Blog Readers! I am thankful for you!
God completes beautiful things, a little at a time. He has plans for everyone! This is something that I am so thankful for! When he has plans they get done, and perfectly. So this week the team I was helping lead was from Texas, Northridge Presbyterian Church. It was a lot of youth! from both the Jr. high and Sr. high. They had some great adult leaders as well. This is a picture of them on our last day.
We stayed at the community center all week right by a school and a park. It was really great to be able to meet so many of the people of Patchakan.

Working on paiting the whole community center, our project for the week! Love that beach blue!

Meal time a short walk to the church!

Painting the court lines back on in the park! We did lots of park clean up!

The staff I lead with this week!

Something that really touched my heart this past week was talking to this great grandpa at Church. I was able to speak some Spanish with him. Our first interaction was him allowing me to look on to the song book so I could sing some Spanish songs! Then it was so cool because later that afternoon we all headed to a place called Jacob's Farm. It is one of the only, actually may be the only drug and rehab center in Belize. It is very small and nothing I would have expected but God is working there! and many men have come to he Lord and really been transformed by the Lord. Anyway he was there! And we all learned that this was his sugar cane land that he donated to this vision. I got to talk to him a long while half in Spanish half in English about his life and wow really cool.

So remember last week when I shared about church and how the message linked to something God showed me a while ago? Well God is so good and it happened again this week. There was a scripture reading that was the theme verse for this blog! How amazing! I have been stuck on this passage and think it is so cool! and God knows that. The speaker could have read anything! God used him to remind me God has plans and he goes with me. He is perfect at completing them! Take a look at Colossians 1: 15-20. You can also look back to my first post on here. Speaking of first posts I would encourage new readers to take a look at the old posts! It is fun to look back.

So for all of you who don't know Philippians is next to Colossians haha. Ok this has a point. So as I am typing about Colossians1 I see Philippians 4:4-9. We are going to jump in here and take a look around.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again. Rejoice! 
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."
Ok, so for this first part I like this vision of gentleness. Can people see gentleness in us? I pray that they see this. Rejoice in the Lord always. This is a challenge some times or a lot of times but if you think of all the things we can thank God for rejoicing is a clear response no matter the situation.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
With thanksgiving. This is what I need to work on. It seems that some times the need is so great or worry is great or just selfishness is there getting in the way of being thankful! God hears us and answers! He is a dad who doesn't leave his children hangn. We can be thankful in our prayers. I am going to end with on more point from these verses. That is the POWER OF PEACE
" And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your
hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 
It is the Lords peace that guards us. That is so cool! I think some of the things in our hearts and minds that it guards for us is:  CRAZY emotion, worry, and selfishness. What does Gods peace guard your heart and mind from? I pray  you learn more about who you are in God this week! That he has peace for you and rest for you!

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Thank you for all the support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment