gray

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Costa Rica Time!

 HELLO my lovely blog readers and EMI support system!

Busy busy! I came home from Israel, dove into wedding things with beautiful Emily and Jon this week and then a WONDERFUL wedding Friday. Here are some pictures:




and now COSTA RICA TIME has come!

This past week all the other interns were in Colorado having orientation. So I am looking forward to learning things and getting an update. I am trying not to worry about being behind. The Lord will catch me up with the help of the other 3 Costa Rica interns. I still do not have an update on who my host family will be exactly. I do know my project! So that is exciting. I will be working on a hospital project in Guatemala. I could use prayer over this whole new adventure!

This is the information I know about the project taken from a group post. I thought many of you may want to know more information 

 "Good Samaritan Hospital was started around 50 years ago when a Methodist church began offering medical services from what had been a rent-by-the-hour hotel. There was no other hospital available to serve the people in this area. Mostly native peoples, even today most are unable to pay for medical services.

In addition to providing medical care, Good Samaritan Hospital's purpose is to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. All patients and their families are visited by local pastors while they are at the hospital.

Since 1998 investors and supporters have helped the hospital upgrade existing systems and add a second floor but the need continues to grow and Good Samaritan Hospital is making plans for future expansion. This project will review the existing hospital facility and create a strategic plan for their continued growth. Phase one of their expansion will be construction of an infill building to accommodate an eye clinic. This project will also provide Construction Documents for this building."
 
So my flight leaves tomorrow morning. These first few weeks will be language school for us interns. This is a big prayer request for me. If you could please pray I will keep my eyes on the Lord and not worry but really step out and get more of this language in my head!  God knows Spanish perfectly so that is helpful! :)
 
Once again I want to say thank you for following my posts and for the support you have given to me! I will keep these updates coming! And post a little about Israel too!
 
May the blessings of the Lord chase you down. My his hand be heavy on you. May he guide you with Love and Encouragement tonight!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erika!
    What were you doing in Israel? Missions? I used to live there, ache to return someday.
    I am keeping you in my prayers during this adventurous season your in. What a time of growth and stretching yet so rewarding and filling! So excited for you as you take these huge steps out in faith!
    Be blessed! Love, Liz

    ReplyDelete