gray

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hola! from COSTA RICA

Hello my wonderful blog readers
and my great EMI support team!!!!

I am here in Costa Rica.
This is Bethany and Jess two the wonderful people I am in CR with! I live with Jess with our Familia Tica! This is us at a market last Friday buying fruits for the office.

So I arrived in Texas and met up with the other interns! We got to Costa Rica late that night and stayed with an EMI family. This past week was orientation here at the office and around town. We spent the mornings in group prayer and then did a devo going through Romans 12. That was my favorite part of each day last week. Living with my Tico family is such a blessing. Tico by the way is the name Costa Ricans have for themselves. In my family I have 2 sisters and one brother. Also we have a dog named Suki!

This week has been the start of Spanish class. It is my teacher Maria and I from 8-12. What a blessing it is to be able to learn more Spanish. We use it SO much here. After these 2 weeks of class and Spanish I am off with intern David for our project trip. So, from September 11-19 I will be working with EMI at the hospital in Guatemala I told you about in the other post. It really is coming up so fast. That is a short update of my life here! All of the EMI families here are warm and welcoming to us interns and the heart of the Lord is seen in them and my host family!!!




a new fruit! Mamonchino! very new, it is like a eyeball on the inside and tastes like a grape, kinda.. :) Oh also my Tico Mom is a great cook and gives me great coffee. I am one blessed girl!

 
Having a great time at the feria.

Ok beloved ones! I will post again soon. I am in the middle of learning a lesson about faith and trust and I also need to share from Romans 12! So next post we are "diving in" the Word! Have your Bible ready! Much Love,
Erika

1 comment:

  1. Erika, Hello from auntie connie you look great your smile so full of love for your costa Rica students. Im new at this blog deal, but wanted you to know im praying for you.and look forward to reading Romans 12 with EMI love, auntie connie

    ReplyDelete