gray

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Looking at Summer and James

Summer Summer sweet sweet Summer
Hello Lovely Readers! I'm thankful for you!

Ok so crazy, but last fall I signed up for a trip to Israel. I though wow this will be the first country I go to! But the Lord surprised me and planned 2 times in Belize before that! He is good and has good plans :) So now the trip I have known about the longest is here. I am so blessed to be able to travel with great friends from Stout and see them non stop right before I fly to Costa Rica for my EMI internship.  The Lord knows best!

This past weekend I was up north MN for Dad and Daughter Donut Day.  My dad, sister and I have been doing this yearly with our family friends for many years. It is just a way to get the daughters and the dads off on an adventure! This year was ROCK CLIMBING! yep that is right. Here are some pictures to enjoy:

Kate and I, when by beautiful water one must jump!

The home(camp)made donuts! YUM! a must have for this event!

Me and the DADIO
and then the climb



Tonight the verse I want to bring up is from James. I saw it in my friends house this past weekend, at it was a great reminder! Lets take a look, shall we?

17But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

What is wisdom from heaven look like? Look at the descriptive words, how wonderful is that? There is so much "wisdom" in this world, even in our own heads. But where is it coming from, yourself, myself, or heaven!? Are we talking out of our own heads, or are we being powered by the Lord, who has the real wisdom? Then 18 talks about sowing in peace. I just picture this garden. When you see it start to grow, righteousness is found, growing all over! Covering everything. I pray we all get a good picture of that garden. May the Lord teach us to be peacemakers, with his wisdom from heaven. Have a wonderful next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment