gray

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Things We Learn

Determination, Domination, Training, Crowns!
Ok, So I have just been thinking for a little while, what things I want to bring up and talk about on this post. And I am not completely sure what it is going to be. I am just SO THANKFUL of all the things I can see that God is having me learn while I am here. I am just thinking about how much each of us must learn each season of our lives. Take a little time to sit down with some paper and maybe a cup of apple cider or something fall-like and think on the things this season has come with. The hard things the new things the joyful things that you have learned.
So today I want to start with a great concept, and I think some powerful wording, that I read this week.


"... in intimate personal belief I commit myself spiritually to Jesus Christ and make a determination to be dominated by Him alone." - Oswald Chambers


Determination to be dominated by Him alone. The fight we fight as Christians against this world, our flesh, our selfishness, the devil, we thankfully do not fight alone. I can just picture a life fully dominated by Him alone is a good place to fight from. It puts me in a position where I can win.


"Do you know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. THEREFORE, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 1 cor 9:24-26


This verse sticks out to me because it seems to show a picture of determination. We are to go into strict training. I can see that in my own life when there is something really big that God is having me learn and practice. An over arching theme in this season of my life is fear. How we are not called to think in fear about tomorrow, how his love cast out fear. How we were GIVEN a spirit of power love and a sound mind. NOT fear. And if we have been given something then we HAVE it. Cool how that works huh? so that was a small tangent example. So we go through training for a specific reason. It is so that we get a crown that lasts forever!

"THEREFORE, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air."

Because of all of those things we have an aim! It is not a fight all for nothing! There is this concern about the need to fight here at the end of the verse. Paul wants all of these things so that he doesn't miss it! He is preaching to others, spreading truth, writing these letters for us to learn from and he says he needs to keep this aim, keep his body in check, that after all this he doesn't miss it.

"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

May we be determined to live a life dominated by Jesus. May his truth, his love, his grace, mercy, word, peace, even the suffering! all of Jesus dominate us. Have a wonderful MONDAY all!!!!

LOVE to my eMi support system

LOVE to my family

LOVE to my friends!

I am blessed! <3
 Interns plus Katie and Matt
Boat ride

trying to pull off awkward... I think we did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment