gray

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Here I Am

Hello readers,

This weekend FLEW by! I am currently listening to Elizabeth Hunnicutt, song playing right now is 'Here I Am' so of course the title of this blog :)
http://www.elizabethhunnicutt.com/mediaplayer/index.html 
Here is the media player on her cute web site :) take a listen to #5 and you will be on the same page and "song" as me. lol

This weekend my husband Dan had a lot of fire watch. While they do get weekends "off" This means time that he needs to take watch over things, walk around and watch the base, so no phone. We got little conversations in here and there but not lots of time in our weekends that matched up for a good long talk.  This is a very important week coming up. This Friday he finds out his infantry MOS, this means his specific job in the Marines. If you think of it please lift this up with us and for us. Both Dan and I are thankful that this choice, while not up to us, it is up to our Father who wants good for His children! Being part of the military really makes me chose to trust the Lord! There are so many little things that we have no control over, but we can and DO trust the Lord with those things. It is a choice you have to make for each little thing. What are the little things you need to chose to trust the Lord with each day (sometimes many times a day)?

OK so after that little update I want to give you a sneak peek at the next 2 things I want to write through on this blog this week. Today at church our pastor brought up 2 big points that really hit home for me:

READY...
SET...
GO...

#1 Jesus reveals himself most clearly to those who follow most closely!

#2 Our trust in Jesus grows as our vision of Jesus grows!

I need some good writing on these 2 things to help me process what they really mean, and what actions I need to take to be living them out. So visit back this week and lets talk through them together.

much love,
Erika hallbeck <3  

look at this beautiful (inside and out) wedding party! what a blessing to Dan and I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment