gray

Monday, October 24, 2011

Part #2 Our trust in Jesus grows as our vision of Jesus grows!

Hello,
Happy end to the weekend. Or sadly the end to the weekend ;) however you want to look at it lol
This past Friday night and Saturday I was at Women of Faith conference.



One of the speakers this weekend actually talked about the passage my 2 part post is about! Mark 4:35-41
So reminder, we are in a boat, being close to Jesus. While we are in this boat a big storm comes, we are filled with fear and see Jesus calmly sleeping. We wake him up in a panic and he calms the storm, the sea, the wind, the crazy, listens to our teacher Jesus. Then, we are even more afraid, taken aback, "Who is this man?"

By being in this close boat with him we see our teacher in a whole new way, we saw that even the winds and waves obey him.
Last post we learned that the closer we follow the more clearly we see HIM! If we are close enough to him we will see him for more and more, in this example, not just a teacher but a savior! A savior that saves us from storms, that has control over nature!

So tonight I want to talk about point two from church last week, Our trust in Jesus grows as our vision of Jesus grows!


Do you think that the decipels trusted Jesus more after the storm than before?
Do you think they followed him with a new mind set and heart set?
Do you think they longed for him more now then before?

They saw a bigger picture of who Jesus was in such a dark time.  God used that storm to grow their vision which then grew their trust!
Have I ever been in a "storm" and I allowed Jesus to be the one in charge of it? Constantly going to him with it, saying "Jesus do you see I am in a storm?" During that storm was I in the boat with Jesus, close enought to see Jesus clearly work and move? Or was I on the shore wondering what was going on?
Once the storm stopped did my vision of the Lord grow?

What is my life like now that I have been in the boat with the Lord during a storm, not just a sunny fishing day?

Do you have an example of when: because your vision of who Jesus is, grew, your Trust in Jesus grew?

Much love,
Erika

1 comment: