gray

Sunday, May 9, 2010

He is doing a NEW thing!

Isaiah 43:18-19 Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

How wonderful are these words. This says to me that God is faithful. in the deserts and in the wastelands he makes us a way! He gives us streams! of LIVING WATER.
The past weeks have been so full of busy busy work! Finding physical rest has been a challenge but the spiritual rest is in also in NEED! We have been talking at my church the past weeks about the Holy Spirit and how he is our helper and our comforter, and many many things for us. I am so thankful that God has comfort for us and rest for us when we are in restless seasons and uncomfortable transitions. I know that I need him! I am done being a Stout student in one week. This is so crazy to think about! And do you know what I haven't had much time to feel this fact, to really let it hit me. Like the verse for today God is doing new things, and he is slowly and surly filling me in on them. :)
I was so blessed to be able to go to a weekend meeting with PPM a few weekends back. What an amazing group. I got a glimpse of what my time in Belize and my time with PPM is going to look like. Love is going to be there that is for sure, and it is love that comes from God alone. I know I will be stretched this summer in ways like never before. I have recently been thinking about how next week I am jumping of the edge of my understanding. What a big jump. But the Lord is a firm foundation in whom we shall not be shaken, So I know when he calls me to Jump he is gone before me to catch me.  Here is a pic of the PPM group! lovely!

One more update for the week is another new thing that I am thankful to the LORD for. It seems that he has known my busy crazy life these last weeks and worked around and through and with them.  I was accepted 2 weeks ago for a fall internship with EMI Costa Rica. You can check them out at www.emiworld.org 
I will find time soon to fill you in with more detail.

Ok to end this I think that I for sure, and maybe you need a reminder that the LORD is mighty, his love is everlasting, we were made for that love and He is the only thing that will fill us. He hears our prayers and is longing for me and you to talk to him and listen to him! I need this to hit me tonight and the days to come. I pray for refreshing in the name of the Lord Jesus and thank you Lord for the comforter that you have given us to live in the hearts of your people!

No comments:

Post a Comment