gray

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Trusting and Following God. Joining EMI. Designing a World of Hope.

-- Hello lovely blog followers --
I am writing this note to inform you of and invite you to share in this next part of my life and new adventure God is calling me to. I am now a new graduate from UW-Stout in interior design. God has blessed my past four years with such an amazing experience learning about the Fathers love, and who I am in Him and who He is in me. While finishing up my last year at school I was praying about what the Lord is calling me to in this next part of my life. He brought me to the opportunity to apply for an internship with EMI (Engineering Ministries International). They are a Christian non-profit organization that works on design projects all over the world to reach the poorest people with rich hope through design and ultimately the LORD. They have worked in over 85 countries on over 800 projects. EMI does design work for ministries such as YWAM, Wycliff, and World Relief in developing countries. They have worked on projects such as water systems, churches, mission base camps, hospitals, and much more!
I applied not knowing if God would really bring me any further than the application. Guess what, he did! I was contacted this April for an interview, and a few weeks later was informed that I was accepted to the Costa Rica office!!!! It is so amazing that God knows how to use the gifts that he has given us. He truly knows our hearts and he sees us trusting him, and sees us waiting for him. God has really been calling me to things bigger then I am. I am learning to trust him in ways I have never had to before. So I will be gone working in Costa Rica from the end of August – Mid December. I will be working alongside the full time staff there and the other fall interns.


Because EMI is a non-profit organization both their staff and interns must raise their support. I am going to have to raise $7,600 for the 4 months that I am going to be gone. I am going to have to have my funds raised by August 6th. This funding will supply me with my travel related to projects, language school, EMI tuition, and staying with a host family. I have never raised support before so this is a step into the unknown. I know that if the Lord is calling me to this he will bring me all the way. I would like to invite you to join me on this journey and the next steps in my life with the Lord. If this is something that hits your heart please remember me, EMI, and the country of Costa Rica in your prayers. Please take time to talk to the Lord about the possibility of giving a monthly or one time donation of any amount. All the donations are tax-deductible.

I am looking forward to sharing and updating you with all of the things that God is doing! Thank you for taking time to read into my life! The Lord is Faithful!

Below is the link that contains all the information and ways to donate to my internship.
http://emiworld.org/donate_staff.php 

Also take a look around their site too to learn more and take a peek into what the Lord is doing!

http://emiworld.org/index.html 

- In HIS love, Erika Sanborn

No comments:

Post a Comment