gray

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

..Be still and know that He is God..

Hello! I'm off to Belize in 8 days :)
So for the past few days I have had a song stuck in my head you can listen to here
--> Wait on the Lord 

I am learning that transitions in life can be a challenge. Almost a battle on the inside. Living in different places, doing different things, it is all a shock to my inside. This is when the Lord says "Be still Erika, and know that I am God." This passage is found in Psalm 46. I encourage you to take a look at the whole thing!

It starts out reminding us that God is our refuge and strength! and then it says he is an EVER-PRESENT help in trouble. Now it goes on to talk about the whole earth giving way. My troubles seem small in comparison, but the Lord knows us to well to miss what are troubles are, to not understand them.  Thankfully he knows me perfectly. His love can not be removed, he is my ever-present. Think about that for a moment, God is the only one that can be your ever-present. How wonderful is that?

Continue reading, The city of God is glad! God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. Just love it. In verse 9, he stops wars! he breaks the bow, and shatters the spear he burns the shields with fire... Picture this. Craziness is going on. War, fighting, and then the Lord stops it all. "Be still, and know that I am God" What a picture. Be still, it is not "It would be better for you to be still", "I encourage you to try to calm down now", no it is Be still. We can rest, we can be still with our God. He is our helper. He stops wars.
We know that he is God. He ends saying "I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." He is the one to be praised! The whole earth one day will all confess that Jesus is Lord. He is with us, he is our fortress.

Enjoy singing along to Coffey Anderson today!
Praise the Lord he is our ever-present!
<--- some cute girls I spent the day with last weekend!

Reminder: You were made for God and made by him. In him is everything you were made for. The world, and our own heads can drown this out, can make truth seem far off. I pray for me and you today that we press in and run this race, look to the face of our ever-present and Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment