gray

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy first day of school

I know many of us reading this blog are not going to school today. But lots of joyful kiddos are, and what a wonderful fall air there is today to welcome them! I love how chilly my room was when I woke up this morning. All my windows open, so refreshing! I am off to work soon here but before I go I wanted to share a little encouragement for all of our "first days of school" meaning what ever events you have today.

The church down my street Open Door has been doing a long study on the book of Colossians. I love this book, and last Sunday they talked over chap 3:16.  This morning I want to back up and take a look at 3:12-14.
I feel like I have pointed this out on my blog before but this just means it really hits my heart as a need I have!

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

OK I marked up the verse to bring attention to some Key words! So take a look and in light of the first day of school, study up :)


First, who we are:  God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved (wow speak this out today!, in Christ this is who we are!
Second, what WE need to do:  Clothe ourselves (an action that we need to act on, something we need to do)
Third, the clothing:  compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience, and some fun accessories bearing with and forgiving, and the coat to top this look off, love

Finally, one of the Lords favorite things: perfect unity.

I pray our hearts and minds think on this today, that we take action and CLOTHE OURSELVES! and if something falls of during the day, we clue in and put it back on before we get cold :)

much love,
Erika Hallbeck <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment