gray

Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Parkour Man

Hello all,
Tomorrow is Friday, this means I get to talk to Dan day! He will start his weekend off some time Friday night. :) Today has been update resume and work on portfolio day. I think shortly after this blog post it needs to be take dog for a walk and read Sacred Marriage afternoon.  Then tonight I am seeing my lovely cousin Madeline :)  Before I know it tomorrow will come.

Dan and  I got the book Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas for one of our wedding gifts. I am trying to read it kinda quick so I can mail it off to Dan. While he is busy almost every moment he may get a few on his days off he could read this great book. I am enjoying it so far. The theme that seems to be sticking out most is this quote, "What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy?" A verse that has been brought up a lot in the book is 2 Thessalonians 3:5
"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance."

What a prayer huh?  God's love, that he would send his son, that he would take us back, that he would call us by name, on and on. Christ's perseverance, he would explain things again and again to his disciples, he would go to the cross, he would speak and preach even when discouraged, pray when others had fallen asleep, concur death, come and make himself known, on and on millions and zillions of ways God shows love and Christ shows perseverance. That we could be like that. That God could direct our hearts to live that way to our husbands, family and friends.

So yes I am enjoying that book. Now I am going to leave you with a shot from our mini-moon we had a few weekends ago :) Loved having my Parkour Man back!

with love,
erika

No comments:

Post a Comment