gray

Friday, September 23, 2011

Setting My Heart On Eternity

Hello blog readers :) So I have been trying to clean out my computer that is FULL to the brim! Ran across this poem from my senior year furniture design project. It was to go with a shelf I built that had to match the concept of "time" somehow. Enjoy the picture and the poem, HAPPY FRIDAY!

Project explanation:

Setting My Heart
Showing time as an interval inside of eternity. A testimony of my choice to set my heart on eternity rather then the interval of time. Setting my heart on eternity is a metaphor for surrendering my life to God who set eternity in the hearts of all men.

Sorry for all the stuff all over, that's senior studio for you lol, the dark brown piece with the heart missing is the "End of Time" and the heart missing is our choice being made, then you can see that the heart is movable for living for the here and now or living for eternity.



What setting my heart on eternity means to me:

It means placing my life in the hands of

He who stands outside of time

To choose the one who set eternity on my heart

Choosing life over death

Choosing freedom over bondage

Choosing His truth over the worlds lies

Choosing His gift over my works

Wanting His perfect plan that was set before time began rather than the one I can try to make for myself

Setting my hope in His promises

Placing my trust in His strength

Choosing to listen to my heart cry

Choosing to seek Him

Joyfully finding Him

Choosing my spirit over my flesh

Light over dark

Choosing His leadership over my own

Learning to follow

Learning to listen

Dying to myself and living in God

I choose rest over worry

I choose faith over fear

I choose to lay down my life so I can find it

To run and not grow weary

I choose to set my heart on eternity

Not making a choice is your choice

By: Erika

love to you all today,
erika hallbeck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment