gray

Friday, January 6, 2012

Completing The Grace

Hi everyone!

I know I have posted this poem before but I was reminded of it this morning. I am up early, seeing Dan off to work each morning this week.  Once I am up, I'm up; I am a morning person!  So this is a very early morning post. I have been reading a book about the grace of God and Christs Finished Work!
Then I saw a post one of Dans friends had on Facebook this morning: My confidence, my joy, and my peace come from what God has done for me in the finished work of Christ. - Paul Washer


This Quote made me think once again that because of what Christ has done we have CONFIDENCE, JOY, PEACE! the real kind, the God created kind, NOT the human effort kind!
 
Enjoy the poem, may you remember your moment with Jesus, the moment you truly surrendered.  May the Love Jesus has for his creation hit all of our hearts today. He loves you, and he completed such a work to fill the gap standing between you and the Holy God! He is FOR us, he calls to us. He listens, he answers, his is near. He will hear you today, even wispers, even screams.
Hebrews 4:7 and 14-16
 


Completing the Grace

Break it!
Take it!
My life can not hold it.
It weighs me down, lying on the ground.
My back will break.
My heart will melt.
My head will burst with pain!


The things I’ve done, you know everyone.
How I shiver at the thought of God knowing what I’ve got!
It’s and illness, it’s a plague, covering, corroding what He has made!
How I HATE IT, how I SCREAM!

As I lay there on the floor, my heart doesn’t hurt anymore.
My back feels light.
My head is clear and my eyes drift to who is near.


In His tomb he laid by me, and that is when he arose.
He leans to me with a mighty hand and whispers in a loving voice:

“It was finished 3 days ago. I took it on that day.
Stand up my child for I have taken the blame,
all the guilt, and all the shame.
You have found me here and I have been waiting for the day that I could say:
“YOU’RE FREE”
“YOU’RE FREE”
Take my hand child of mine.
Here in this place, let’s complete the grace.
Burying all your sin,
Let it ALL out, and we will win.
Hand in hand we will live.”


So I reached out and took his hand, it was a perfect fit.
We walked away from the tomb.
I felt so light.


We both turned and looked the tomb was empty,
My sins had been taken.
My lips and hands shaken.
I knew as he turned me back around they never again would be found!
So, God and I walked hand in hand,
And that’s the day my true life began.



By Jesus and Erika



From my living room to yours,
Erika Hallbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment