gray

Monday, January 9, 2012

First Things First


Welcome to the very first post of Rental Rendezvous.  My husband and I are renting our first place here in good ol Hubert, NC.  If you are a young renter great! If you are a young home owner Great! I am going to be sharing tips and ideas about making our spaces our home!

First things first!  When Dan and I moved into our town house the first thing I wanted to do before any thing went any where was to clean. There were lots of things that were clean and a few things I saw that could use  a fresh cleaning.  I think doing your own cleaning when you first move in starts your slate off right. 

Wash the floors,clean the windows, wipe down all the cupboards, inside and out, counters and drawers.  Dust, Vac, Total bathroom clean, even if the space seems clean going through it your way gives a better welcome.  When I wanted to do all this cleaning when we first moved in Dan got a glimps that his new bride of 4 months maybe more of a germ freak than he had known. lol. But really people this isn't being a germ freak this is just good common renters sense.

Maybe you are not a brand new renter, rather you have your space and it has been lived in and loved for a long time. This advice is still good for you.  Want to fall back in love with your home, give it a GOOD cleaning. Everything, I know it is not spring cleaning yet, but there is even something to be said to "winter" cleaning.  Get out the grubby clothes all the supplies and a pot of coffee. Even if you can/t recruit any helpers do it alone. It will feel good.

From my rental to yours,
Erika Hallbeck

Happy cleaning!

1 comment:

  1. I ALWAYS have to clean EVERYTHING! It doesn't matter how clean it looks.. I am so with you there!!

    ReplyDelete